Monday, April 04, 2016
Quiz of the Week - 1st Week April 2016
After a really long hiatus, I'm back with a new set of questions. This set consists of 5 questions, themed on Footballers of Indian origin. You need to identify the players.
So, here we go.
1. Identify the lady, who was the very first footballer of Indian origin to have represented England at any level.
2. This Midfielder of Indian origin started of his career with Leicester City FC and was part of the team from 2009 to 2011, although he never made an official appearance for the club. Currently, he plays for Torquay United, on loan from Kidderminster Harriers. Identify him.
3. This Defensive Midfielder is a full international for his country of residence and is nicknamed as his country's "Iniesta". He has plyed his trade in the top division clubs of The Netherlands and Denmark, apart from his home country and has also scored some spectacular goals from distance. Identify him.
4. Probably the best of the lot at the current moment, he is a versatile Winger, who can play both at the right or the left flank. He is also a full international for one of the best international teams, but had to miss the last FIFA World Cup due to an injury. Currently, he plays for Dutch Eredivisie club PSV Eindhoven. Identify him.
5. He is an English professional footballer of Indian origin who plays as a Defender for League Two club Mansfield Town. He began his career with Walsall and had loan spells with Evesham United and York City. Identify him.
You may leave your answer as a comment below this thread. Alternatively, you may also send your answer to shovon76[at]gmail[dot]com. The comments, along with the answer, shall be published on 10th April 2016, Sunday. Cheers!